With generous support from ManpowerGroup, Maker Faire Milwaukee is pleased to introduce the inaugural INDUSTRY, CAREER & COLLEGE EXCHANGE at our 5th annual Faire. There will be many activities on both Saturday and Sunday:
- Informal talks and roundtable discussions, with topics that include the STEM skills gap, product development, the maker economy and urban manufacturing, adapting skills for the future of work, welding technology and job opportunities, women in the trades, the maker mindset, how employers are investing in talent, creating a Maker Portfolio for job and college applications, and more;
- Hands-on activities provided by some of the area’s leading higher education institutions that highlight degree programs, research opportunities and industry collaborations;
- Information about internships and other training programs, job openings, higher education admissions and other resources for prospective students and their families, job seekers and skilled makers;
- Demonstrations of tools and technology by area manufacturers, start-ups and tradespeople, and opportunities to talk with exhibitors about how maker skills relate to their work; and
- Opportunities to explore career paths, use assessment tools, and learn about skill-building programs with ManpowerGroup.